Who we are
- This privacy notice applies to all personal information processing activities carried out by Macpac Limited (Macpac) using our web based ecommerce store Plantpac.net
- Macpac is a Data Controller in respect of personal information that we process in connection with our business. In this notice, references to ‘we’, ‘us’, or ‘our’ are references to Macpac Limited.
- Our address is Unit 5 Barton Road, Heaton Mersey Industrial Estate, Stockport, SK4 3EG
- We respect individuals’ rights to privacy and to the protection of personal information. The purpose of this Privacy Notice is to explain how we collect and use personal information in connection with our business. “Personal information” means information about a living individual who can be identified from that information (either by itself or when it is combined with other information). We may update our Privacy Notice from time to time. When we do we will communicate any changes to you and publish the updated Privacy Notice on our website. We would encourage you to visit our website regularly to stay informed of the purposes for which we process your information and your rights to control how we process it.
The information we process
We collect and process various categories of personal information at the start of, and for the duration of, your relationship with us. We will limit the collection and processing of information to information necessary to achieve one or more legitimate purposes as identified in this notice. Personal Information may include:
- Basic personal information, including name, address, and contact details.
- Financial information, including account and transactional information and history.
- Goods and services provided.
- Computing information such as IP address, smart device information, site visits, and browser version.
- We do not collect any special categories of Personal Data about you.
How we obtain information
Your information is made up of all the financial and personal information we collect and hold about you/your business, and your transactions. It Includes:
- Information you give us
- Information that we receive from third parties – This may include a credit reference, fraud prevention, or data from our payment processor ‘SagePay’
- Information that we gather from the technology which you use to access our services (for example IP address)
We want to make sure you are aware of your rights in relation to the personal information we process about you. We have described those rights and the circumstances in which they apply in the table below. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, if you have any queries about how we use your personal information that are not answered here, or if you wish to complain to our Data Protection Officer, please contact us at 0161 442 1642.
|Access – You have a right to get access to the personal information we hold about you.||If you would like a copy of the personal information we hold about you, please write to: Macpac Limited, Subject Access Requests, Unit 5 Barton Road, Heaton Mersey Industrial Estate, Stockport, SK4 3EG|
Or contact us at 0161 442 1642.
|Rectification – You have a right to rectification of inaccurate personal information and to update incomplete personal information.||If you believe that any of the information that we hold about you is inaccurate, you have a right to request that we restrict the processing of that information and to rectify the inaccurate personal information.|
|Erasure – You have a right to request that we delete your personal information.||You may request that we delete your personal information if you believe that:|
|Restriction – You have a right to request us to restrict the processing of your personal information.||You may request us to restrict processing your personal information if you believe that:|
|Portability – You have a right to data portability.||Where we have requested your permission to process your personal information or you have provided us with information for the purposes of entering into a contract with us, you have a right to receive the personal information you provided to us in a portable format.|
|Objection – You have a right to object to the processing of your personal information.||You have a right to object to us processing your personal information (and to request us to restrict processing) for the purposes processing, unless we can demonstrate|
compelling and legitimate grounds for the processing, which may override your own interests or where we need to process your information to investigate and protect us or others from legal claims.
|Marketing – You have a right to object to direct marketing.||You have a right to object at any time to processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes, including profiling you for the purposes of direct marketing.|
|Withdraw consent – You have a right to withdraw your consent.||Where we rely on your permission to process your personal information, you have a right to withdraw your consent at any time. We will always make it clear where we need your permission to undertake specific processing activities.|
|Lodge complaints – You have a right to lodge a complaint with the regulator.||If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal information, you can contact our Data Protection Officer who will investigate the matter. We hope that we can address any concerns you may have, but you can always contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). For more information, visit ico.org.uk|
How we share your information
We will never sell, or share your information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. We sometimes use third party service providers, to allow us to carry out our business duties, this includes using our Payment Processor ‘Sagepay’ to process payments, and our marketing software processor ‘MailChimp’ to send our newsletters. Whenever we use these service provides, we ensure that all companies are GDPR compliant, and handle your data sensitively, and securely.
Sharing with third parties
We will not share your information with anyone outside of Macpac except:
- with ‘MailChimp’ for sending our marketing material via email
- with credit reference and fraud prevention agencies
- with ‘SagePay’ for processing online payments
Unless you have told us that you do not want to hear from us, we will send you relevant marketing information (including details our products or services provided which we believe may be of interest to you), by mail, phone, and email. If you change your mind about how you would like us to contact you or you no longer wish to receive this information, you can tell us at any time by contacting us at 0161 442 1642, or by following the unsubscribe link on every marketing email we send.
Credit reference and fraud prevention agencies
We may request information from our credit reference provider, and fraud prevention agencies, when required if providing a credit account.
How long we keep your information
By providing you with products, we create records that contain your information, such as customer account records, activity records, tax records. These records can be held on a variety of media (physical or electronic) and formats.
- We manage our records to help us to serve our customers well (for example for operational reasons, such as dealing with any queries relating to your account) and to comply with legal and regulatory requirements. Records help us demonstrate that we are meeting our responsibilities and to keep as evidence of our business activities.
- Retention periods for records are determined based on the type of record, the nature of the activity, product or service. Retention periods may be changed from time to time based on business or legal and regulatory requirements.
- We may on exception retain your information for longer periods, particularly where we need to withhold destruction or disposal based on an order from the courts or an investigation by law enforcement agencies or our regulators. This is intended to make sure that we will be able to produce records as evidence, if they are needed.
- If you would like more information about how long we keep your information, please contact us on 0161 442 1642.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure with us, and with the third parties who act on our behalf. For more information about the steps we are taking to protect your information please contact us at 0161 442 1642.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Privacy Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions.
Review of this Policy
This Policy was last updated in May 2018.